Friday, May 17, 2013

DIY Drawer Organizers


Today's project was organizing the kitchen drawers (I know we have more than we need (4 sets of measuring cups!!)).  I have been thinking about making dividers for awhile but haven't had good cardboard to do it with.  I got a good, long box to use last weekend.  I am hoping that having the dividers in there will help things get back in the right place (I put things where I think they go, Uncle doesn't always think they go where I do.)
To make the dividers, I cut strips of cardboard that were as tall as my drawer (3 1/2").  I just left the strips as long as the cardboard box was.  They were about 5 inches longer than my drawer.  I folded the end of the cardboard strip to be the length of my drawer, then put my strips into the drawer.  The strips fit in snugly and the folded over part helps to keep them spaced out (there is a groove in the folded over part from how the box was folded).  Ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment