Friday, June 7, 2013

DIY Storage Boxes


I have been on the look out for storage boxes/baskets that would fit into our awesome Mud Room Unit that we built.  I haven't found anything that is the right size.  I happily discovered that the boxes that milk comes in from Costco are just about right.

To make them into pretty storage boxes:
Cut off the flaps (I used a box cutter)
Mod Podge scrapbook paper onto the front (a 12x12" fit the width perfectly and I just folded the excess over the top)
Add a layer of Mod Podge on top of the paper to protect it

Note: I tried to smooth the paper out as I put it on the box.  I did find that when I added the Mod Podge on top, the paper bubbled up.  It did flatten back out as it dried.
I just put paper on the front since that is all that will normally be seen, but you could do all the sides if you wanted.

$0.30 storage boxes!!!  Wahoo!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment