Tuesday, March 19, 2013

DIY Spring Wreath

I saw this super cute wreath and decided that I needed one.
Here is what you need:

A foam wreath form
(mine is 12" in diameter), instructions for how I made it are here

A skein of Lime Green Fun Fur yarn 
(I got mine for $3 at JoAnns with a 40% off coupon)

Straight pins with different colored heads
(I got these for $1.80 at Hobby Lobby with 40% off)

Daisy trim
(I had this on hand, but you could buy it at any fabric/craft store)

A ribbon to hang your wreath 
(this was from my stash too)


Take your yarn and wrap it around the wreath form.  Tie a not at the beginning to secure it.  Keep wrapping and wrapping until you make it all the way around.  I used the whole thing of yarn.  I kept the yarn close together, but not touching (maybe a little less than 1/16" apart).  Once you have it all wrapped, tie another knot to secure the end.

Now you are ready to add the flowers.  Cut a single flower from your trim and insert a pin through the middle.  Then put the pin in your nice "grassy" wreath.  Put in as many flowers as you want.



Then I tied a pretty pink ribbon around it and that was it!  A fun springtime wreath!  Now I just need to get a wreath hanger so I can put it on the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment