Monday, March 18, 2013

DIY Wreath Form

I saw this awesome idea and thought that for $0.60 I would give it a try.  To make your own DIY wreath form all you need is some Pipe Insulation from the plumbing department of the home improvement store (Lowes, Home Depot) and some duct tape.  
They had a few different diameters of the foam insulation, I got the 3/4".  It cost me $1.18 for 6 feet.  
I wanted a 12 inch diameter wreath so I used a 3 foot length of the insulation (I cut it with a serrated knife.)  Then you duct tape the ends together.  
I originally just did one piece of duct tape around it, but that started to come undone, so I added a few pieces of tape the long way, and then it stayed put beautifully.  I put some duct tape along the inside seam where you can split the foam open to put it on a pipe too, just to make sure that it didn't try to split apart in the future.
There you have it!  A $.60 wreath form!  Not too shabby!
It is not as rigid as the pre-made ones that you buy at the store ($5), but it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment